Sunday, January 15, 2012

We'll Start Wherever I Feel Like Starting...

So, I felt like my other blog HAD to be geared toward subject matter or a certain tone, and that's fine. I'm going to use it mostly for my "spiritual" journey.

However, I needed an outlet for all my other shit. You know, the inappropriate stuff, the funny stuff, the random anecdotes about single-hood, single-mom-hood, eternally-fucked-up-life-situations, bad stuff my kids do that I laugh at, dating misadventures, and so on.

This will be random. It might be funny. It might be annoying. I don't give a shit. :)

Here are a few fun facts about me:

I am a single mom of 2 children. They have different fathers. Both their fathers are assholes, but one is an asshole of epic proportions (he requires a douche-yacht to get around, or even a douche-tanic -douche titanic- on some days), and the other is actually a semi-decent person with the mentality of a 12 yr old. He's really annoying to argue with.

I've been engaged twice, but never married. I haven't had an actual "boyfriend" for 3 years. I haven't been in a relationship in which I wasn't a "mistress" or a "friend with benefits" since I was 20 (I'm 27).
I'm a really nice person.
There are a lot of awesome things about me. But... you know, whatever.
I'm an atheist
and a spiritualist
I play the piano and sing and am clinging to the very last vestiges of my dream to be a semi-known singer/pianist while making more acceptable plans for the future, like going to school for psychology, continuing my spiritual studies and becoming a midwife. Wait... did I say acceptable?

My son is at his dad's house this weekend. His dad texted me earlier to ask if I could start sending church clothes with him when he visits.
I actually groaned out loud, and very sweetly texted back, "he doesn't have any, we don't attend church. He had some nice black pants and does have a button up shirt, but last I saw the pants, they were in the diaper bag on their way to YOUR house. Check your closets."

Seriously?
My daughter (almost 7) has been attending church with my parents most of her life. Much to my dismay. But as I feel like I should've had the right to choose if I wanted go to or not.... so should I give her that choice. Even if by doing so I'm now going to become the ultimate villain, keeping our family from living together in eternal peace and harmony by NOT being married (it is ALL my fault, you know) and not being a nice mormon girl like I should be.

And now my son, too? I really thought we were going to escape that one, considering his dad is a former meth addict/dealer and his dad's live-in girlfriend (who is pretty cool, actually) didn't seem like the church-going type, and never has.


Maybe they just figure since the kids live with me, they must need some religion and god to hold onto so they don't run with me full-force down the path to fiery, eternal hell.


Or something.


I'm going to go drink my spiked non-alcoholic wine and watch How I Met Your Mother. Fuck this.


No comments:

Post a Comment